LEADING EDGE Program & Create Denver Scholarship
LEADING EDGETM BUSINESS PLANNING PROGRAM & CREATE DENVER SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION
Create Denver is proud to partner with Denver Metro SBDC’s LEADING EDGE program by offering 50% scholarship opportunities year-round to artistic and creative industries, organizations and entrepreneurs. Five scholarships per season (winter-spring, spring-summer, summer-fall) will be available.
LEADING EDGE™ for Entrepreneurs is a 10-week course designed to teach you how to start and grow a successful business based on an actionable business plan. Through a blended-learning format, combining an online learning platform with classroom sessions, interactive learning exercises and expert guest speakers, you will be given the resources to help you start or run your own business.
The course is designed to give you a practical concept that you can apply to your current business or concept, but also in the following years. By the end of the course, you will understand the aspects of running a business, a sound financial vision and have a written business plan or strategy.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Ten three-hour sessions including interactive group work and guest speakers
- Access to an online learning platform with weekly reading and presentations, group discussion forums, homework, financial spreadsheets and templates to build your plan of action
- One-on-one consulting available
- Feedback on your business plan or strategy during the courseIntroduction to potential lenders at a Funding Options Panel
- Free registration to workshops (excluding QuickBooks I) at the Denver Metro SBDC while enrolled, valued at over $500
- Entry into a class business plan competition for a chance to win prizes and have your business plan reviewed by consultants and banker or an accountant
- Entry into an annual statewide business plan competition with cash prizes
- Eligibility for the Funding Request Preview program, putting you on the fast track to funding if needed
- Discounted participation in Trout Tank, a program training you to pitch at an event to lenders and investors
This course is held three times per year, in the spring, summer and fall.
August 17, 2017 | 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. | Register | Discount offered for attendees
August 31, 2017 | 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. | Register | Discount offered for attendees
Create Denver Scholarship: Applications accepted August 21 - September 11, 5 p.m.
Registration Deadline: September 14, 2017
Course Sessions: September 14 - November 16, 2017 | Thursdays, 5:30 - 8:30 p.m.
Final Class Celebration: August 12, 2017 | 4 - 6 p.m.
Statewide Graduation at the Governor's Mansion: January 2018
Payment is not required upon registration, but must be completed by or on the first day of class.
- $695 Regular course fee
- $395 Additional employee(s)
- Apply for the Create Denver Scholarship Opportunity below to receive 50% off your course!
Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce
1445 Market St., 5th floor
Denver, CO 80202
For full course details, please visit Denver Metro SBDC website.
For questions about the Create Denver scholarship, please contact: Lisa Gedgaudas, email@example.com.
For question about the Leading Edge course, please contact: Olivia Rollene, firstname.lastname@example.org.