Events & Programs
Mayor’s Awards for Excellence in Arts & Culture
In the spirit of Denver's new cultural plan, IMAGINE 2020, the mayor of Denver annually recognizes individuals and organizations that make significant and lasting contributions to the artistic, cultural and creative landscape in the City and County of Denver. View the 2014 Mayor's Awards in Excellence in Arts & Culture winners
2015 Nominations Now Open!
Denver Arts & Venues and the Denver Commission on Cultural Affairs request nominations for the 2015 Mayor’s Awards for Excellence in Arts & Culture. Please fill out application below.
- Nomination application process: July 23 - August 28
- Application closed: Friday, August 28 at 5 p.m.
- Award's Presentation: Tuesday, November 17
- Self nominations accepted
2015 Award Categories:
A person under 18 that has made a noteworthy difference in the community through arts & culture or an organization that has significantly impacted the lives of youth in the City and County of Denver through arts, culture, & creativity.
An individual or an organization that has made a significant and lasting impact on the artistic and cultural landscape in the City and County of Denver. This category requires that the nominee have at least 10 years of history with arts & culture in City and County of Denver.
Arts & Culture Innovation
An individual or organization that is breaking new ground with arts & culture and whose contribution to innovation in arts, culture, and creativity has been significant in 2015.
Global Arts & Culture
This award is presented to an individual or organization that has brought Denver’s arts & culture to the national or world stage. Nominees for this category have received national or international recognition through collaboration, media coverage, or grant dollars received.
IMAGINE 2020 New Award!
An individual or organization that exemplifies the vision and goals of Denver’s cultural plan through their programs and initiatives. This individual or organization is setting an example for others to aspire to as we IMAGINE 2020.
People’s Choice Awards categories:
- Unique Collaborations: This award is for those that have formed collaborations that are unique either in scope of the collaborative partners or in the work formed by the collaborative effort.
- In-School Arts & Culture: This award is for Denver Public Schools teachers who are creatively using art in their curriculum.
- Creative Neighborhood: This award is for a neighborhood that exemplifies the vision of IMAGINE 2020 – enhancing arts, culture & creativity -- through their programs and initiatives
For additional questions and information please contact Brooke Dilling: Brooke.Dilling@denvergov.org or 720-865-4325