P.S. You Are Here
P.S. You Are Here is a citywide creative placemaking and neighborhood revitalization program that cultivates temporary, collaborative and community-driven projects in Denver’s outdoor public spaces.
The program is designed to inspire innovative ideas by community members who themselves would be impacted by the projects. We encourage place-based, grassroots involvement from residents, art and creative districts, neighborhood associations, non- and for-profit organizations and businesses to claim, initiate and drive the creation of temporary, authentic demonstrations and activation of their outdoor public spaces. These creative, short-term physical projects in places like parks, alleys, streets, sidewalks,medians and stairways transform our underutilized urban spaces while increasing collaboration, honoring heritage, building civic engagement, beautifying neighborhoods, enriching communities and fostering healthy communities to inspire long-term change.
In 2014 P.S. You Are Here provided $40,000 in grants to eight community-lead groups in the City of Denver including Redline, La Alma Neighborhood Association, Whittier Neighborhood Association, Chaffee Park, Athmar Park, Access Gallery, BirdSeed Collective and Jefferson Park. Arts & Venues is excited to announce that these projects are now underway for 2015.
- The 2015 proposal application form will be open August 3 - September 18, 2015.
- Guidelines and Toolkit will be available July 20, 2015
KEY PROJECT REQUIREMENTS
- Projects must be located in an outdoor, public space within the City and County of Denver and be consistent with city policies and adopted neighborhood plans
- Projects must be on display for a minimum of 3 months up to 1 year
- Projects must be highly visible, free and open to all members of the public
- Grant recipients must match the grant award 1:1 with cash, donated goods and services, and/or volunteer hours (valued at $20 per hour)
PROJECT GOALS & OBJECTIVES
- Enrich the lives for Denver residents and visitors by integrating the arts, culture and creativity into daily life and neighborhoods that is accessible for all
- Foster community collaboration; Encourage partnership among artists, residents, non- and for-profit businesses and organizations
- Inspire neighborhood revitalization and promote our vibrant communities as a destination to live, work, and play
- Inspire creative and innovative thinking and showcase locally cultivated talent
- Demonstrate cultural diversity, social equity, inclusiveness and accessibility for all through the engagement of arts, culture and creativity
- Nurture and honor community identity and heritage, local and multicultural traditions, histories and diversity
- Create a sense of place and purpose
- Animate and rejuvenate public spaces
- Increase public safety and awareness
- Capitalize on community assets and identity
- Create public spaces that promote health, happiness and well-being
P.S. You Are Here is a partnership between the City of Denver’s Budget and Management Office and Denver Arts & Venues
In the spirit of Denver’s cultural plan, IMAGINE 2020, and as we look to Denver’s future, we understand that public and shared spaces are key to enriching the social and personal health, happiness and well-being of our residents and neighborhoods.
For additional questions and information, please reach:
Program Administrator, Create Denver: Lisa.Gedgaudas@denvergov.org, 720-865-4260