Arts & Venues announce 2015 “P.S. You Are Here” grantees
Dec 18 2015
Denver Arts & Venues is excited to reveal the 2015 “P.S. You Are Here” (PSYAH) grantees. As part of IMAGINE 2020, Denver’s Cultural Plan, Arts & Venues’ PSYAH program is a citywide neighborhood revitalization initiative that helps fund temporary, collaborative and community-driven projects in Denver’s public spaces. The program is designed to transform underutilized gathering spaces into valuable neighborhood assets and to inspire innovative ideas by community members who would be impacted by the projects.
Denver Arts & Venues partnered with the City and County of Denver’s Budget and Management Office to develop PSYAH through capital improvement funding. In 2015 PSYAH will be funding $66,000 in grants. With over 40 application, the final nine grantees are:
• Art Students League of Denver, ‘Turn it Around’ - $5,000
• Birdseed Collective, ‘Sun Valley Dumpster Beautification Community Art Project’ - $9,000
• Bluebird Business Improvement District, ‘Iconic Colfax: Where People Meet the Road’ - $10,000
• Environmental Learning for Kids (ELK), ‘Discovery Nodes at the Montbello Open Space’ - $7,500
• River North Art District, ‘38th Street Underpass Creative Lighting Intervention’ - $10,000
• The East Montclair Neighborhood Association, ‘ Colfax: Connecting the Community Through Art’ - $2,000
• Urban Land Conservancy, ‘303 ArtWay – 40th & Colorado Station Gateway’ - $10,000
• Urban Ventures LLC, ‘Art in Motion’ - $7,500
• VSA Colorado, ‘Youth Poetry on the Park’ - $5,000
Projects will be located in an outdoor, public space within the City and County of Denver and consistent with City policies and adopted neighborhood plans. Projects will be implemented throughout 2016 and will remain on display for a minimum of three months and up to one year. These projects are free and open to all members of the public.