Now Accepting Nominations for Mayor’s Awards for Excellence in Arts & Culture
Aug 03 2015
Nominations for the 2015 Mayor’s Awards for Excellence in Arts & Culture are now being accepted through Friday, Aug. 28.
In the spirit of IMAGINE 2020 – Denver’s Cultural Plan, Mayor Michael B. Hancock will recognize individuals and organizations that make significant and lasting contributions to the artistic, cultural and creative landscape in the City and County of Denver. The awards will be announced in November during Denver Arts Week.
Visit here to submit nominations (self-nominations are accepted) in the following categories:
Panel Selected Awards
• Youth Award – A person under 18 that has made a noteworthy difference in the community through arts & culture or an organization that has significantly impacted the lives of youth in the City and County of Denver through arts, culture and creativity.
• Impact Award – An individual or an organization that has made a significant and lasting impact on the artistic and cultural landscape in the City and County of Denver. This category requires that the nominee have at least 10 years of history with arts and culture in City and County of Denver.
• Arts & Culture Innovation – An individual or organization that is breaking new ground with arts and culture, and whose contribution to innovation in arts, culture and creativity has been significant in 2015.
• Global Arts & Culture – This award is presented to an individual or organization that has brought Denver’s arts and culture to the national or world stage. Nominees for this category have received national or international recognition through collaboration, media coverage or grant dollars received.
• IMAGINE 2020 (New Award) – An individual or organization that exemplifies the vision and goals of Denver’s cultural plan through their programs and initiatives. This individual or organization is setting an example for others to aspire to as we IMAGINE 2020.
People’s Choice Awards
• Unique Collaborations – This award is for those that have formed collaborations that are unique either in scope of the collaborative partners or in the work formed by the collaborative effort.
• In-School Arts & Culture – This award is for Denver Public Schools teachers who are creatively using art in their curriculum.
• Creative Neighborhood – This award is for a neighborhood that exemplifies the vision of IMAGINE 2020 – enhancing arts, culture and creativity through their programs and initiatives.