DENVER UNION STATION PROJECT AUTHORITY
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS
DENVER UNION STATION PUBLIC ART PROJECT
BUDGET: approximately $500,000 USD
DEADLINE: Saturday, June 1, 5:00 pm MST
Denver Union Station Project Authority (DUSPA) is seeking an artist, or artist team, for a site-specific public art commission that will enhance this expansive, multimodal transportation project - the largest transit redevelopment project in North America.
The art selection process will be managed by Denver Arts & Venues Public Art staff, but this project is not a City and County of Denver One Percent for Art project. The funds are administered by the Denver Union Station Project Authority (DUSPA). Possible locations and themes within the transit platforms and plazas have been identified. This commission is open to artists/artist teams working in all media, but the work must have a presence during both day and night. The estimated budget of $500,000 USD is all inclusive.
About Denver Arts and Venues Public Art Program
Denver’s Public Art Program was established in 1988 as an Executive Order under Mayor Federico Peña. The order, enacted into Ordinance by Mayor Wellington E. Webb, directs that 1% of any capital improvement project over $1 million undertaken by the City, be set aside for the inclusion of art in the design and construction of these projects. Over the past 20 years, along with the historic and donated works of art, make up the City’s 300+ piece Public Art Collection, with several that have become iconic symbols for Denver. The Public Art collection has expanded the opportunity for Denver residents to experience art in public places, thereby creating more visually pleasing environments.
NEW! Get the Public Art App Augmented Reality. Using this free program on your iPhone, Android or other smartphone, you can see public art points of interest as layers on top of the world you see . Find out more...
- Feb 28 ‘Traveling Route 40’ and ‘In Camera Abstractions’ open today Two...
- Oct 31 Free Dedication and Reception for 'Bridge" by Stephen Shachtman Join...
- Sep 25 “THE BIG BLUE BEAR” GETS GROOMED The 10,000 pound, 40-foot...
- Jun 29 Americans for the Arts annually selects 50 outstanding public art...
- Jun 12 The Denver Public Art Program is one of the most...
- Jun 23 Public Art Walking Tour - DPAC/CCC 10:00 AM
- Jun 29 Public Art Walking Tour - City Park 10:00 AM
- Jun 30 Public Art Bike Tour - Central Platte Valley 10:00 AM