WESTIN HOTEL DENVER INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
PUBLIC ART OPPORTUNITIES: HOTEL INTERIORS
OPEN TO COLORADO ARTISTS ONLY
$100,000 - $300,000 COMMISSION
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: EXTENDED to 12:00 PM MST, Friday, August 29, 2014
Denver International Airport’s (DEN) Hotel and Transit Center is nearing completion, with a 519-room Westin hotel and conference center, an outdoor public plaza connecting the new development to the existing Jeppesen Terminal, a Public Transit Center and the new RTD East Rail Line station connecting downtown Denver to Denver International Airport, the world’s eleventh busiest airport. This substantial project began in the fall of 2011 and is scheduled open in the fall of 2015.
We are proud to announce that Westin Hotel Denver International Airport (Westin DIA) will feature the work of talented Colorado-based artists and designers in the guest rooms, hallways and in the public circulation areas of the Westin Hotel and conference center. Please download the full Request for Qualifications here: http://business.flydenver.com/bizops/artProgram.asp under the “Current Opportunities” section.
Art Opportunities at the Westin DIA
The DIA Art and Culture Program is currently soliciting applications for two-to-three commissions in two, interior public circulation areas of the new Westin DIA. The total art budget for both locations is $400,000 (all inclusive). Thus, each of the two locations carry a budget (all-inclusive) of $100,000 - $300,000 depending on the size, scale and complexity of the artwork proposed.
• LEVEL 1 HOTEL ENTRANCE: Guests arriving to the Westin DIA by automobile will enter at Level 1 of the building, in a porte-cochère area. We seek an artist to create an interior work of art to grace a long (up to 150’) wall on the north side of the porte-cochère entrance, visible from the exterior.
• LEVEL 2 CONFERENCE PRE-FUNCTION AREA: A public circulation area in front of the Grand Ballroom area will feature double-story walls for “Flanking/mirrored” 2D/low relief artwork. Wall sizes are roughly 20’ x 22’ – artwork no larger than 15’ x 15’. There is a possibility for a smaller third location behind the reception desk between these two walls, TBD. This commission could be divided between two or more artists, depending on the will of the Art Committee.
All qualified artists are invited to apply for these opportunities through DIA's online portal. You will need to set up an account at the Slideroom portal to submit your available work.
Please read the Qualification Requirements and Westin Design Guidelines sections of the RFQ carefully and submit your work for this registry 12:00 PM (MST) on August 29. If you do not meet the qualification requirements or your work is not in alignment with the Westin Guidelines, please do not submit your portfolio of work for these opportunities.
If you have questions or need assistance with your application, please submit a request via email: STRPart@flydenver.com.
- Jul 31 In celebration of its 25th anniversary – and just because...
- Jun 12 Please join Denver Arts & Venues, the Denver Art Museum...
- May 09 Denver Public Art’s popular tours are back, with events scheduled...
- May 05 New sculpture greets visitors to Morgridge Family Exploration Center and...
- Jan 09 Denver Arts & Venues invites you to join City Councilman...